20130719

Day 10 - The Good and The Ugly

I can't believe I made it to day 10! Like I told my friends, I thought at day 3 or so, I'd be sitting in the corner munching bread, mumbling, "my precious" like Gollum. But no, I'm still here doing the Whole 30. I don't know if I unknowingly 'slip' once or twice (when I have to eat out, I can't know for sure what kind of oil they're using) but I am doing this the best I could.

Overall, I feel better. I don't feel bloated after meals anymore, I haven't experienced migraines since day 1 and I can see that I'm shedding fat from my belly, because now I can see the shadow of (not Collosus) my stomach muscles. My clothes (especially pants) are noticeably looser too! Though I'm still waiting for the surge of energy people talking about. I still feel a bit lethargic and sleepy, especially in the afternoon. I'm not really sure if it's due to my early morning call for sahur, or just my lack of energy.

From this day on, I think I'm going to cut a bit on the coconut milk. Also I ate some sweet potato yesterday and it didn't feel quite right in my digestive system, so I probably will cut that out too and see what happens. Today I ate a bit of grilled chicken sold by a food vendor who always come by my office. I could see that the chicken is so big, it cannot be 'ayam kampung' or 'ayam pejantan' that I usually have in my house. I didn't finish the whole breast, just the meat on top because it's so big. And now I feel rather bloated and queasy. I wonder if anybody has ever experienced this with what we call broiler chicken?

No comments: